Help us raise £4 million to provide an extra 5,250 days of support for adults with learning disabilities every year.
The Aldingbourne Country Centre is home to a huge number of the services we provide as well as our visitor attraction – the Great Day Out. But our vision for the future includes helping many more adults with learning disabilities to learn the life and work skills that will see them earning their own money, relying less on benefits and positively contributing directly to their communities.
We need more space, more bespoke training and learning facilities and more opportunities to engage with local businesses and local people.
And we need your donations and support to help change lives, for good.
The new Quarry Building
We want to build the new Quarry Building you see in the picture as a real community centre and as an oasis of excellence in social care in Europe. With your support, it will be:
- a vibrant & economically sustainable space for people with disabilities to discover and develop diverse skills in stimulating and imaginative social enterprises.
- a place for the community – families, visitors & businesses can visit regularly and support & engage with people with disabilities through our enterprise activities.
- environmentally sustainable with minimised running costs to ensure the longevity of the services it contains
The Quarry Building will mean that we can support an additional 25 adults with disabilities a day and the income generated through our increased enterprise activities will ensure a sustainable future for our valuable work.
What will your support mean?
With your support we will:
- Help at least 125 adults with learning disabilities to find meaningful employment
- Provide an extra 5,250 days of support for adults with learning disabilities every year
- Include a café for up to 140 people and a conference room of 100 delegates for any of our visitors, tourists or business partners to use
- Work with over 100 local businesses, schools and organisations helping them to generate bottom line and social value from working with learning disabled people
- Help build better and more inclusive communities by sharing what every one of us can bring when we’re given the chance.
Help us change lives for good
To find out how your organisation or business could benefit by getting involved in the £4 million appeal, get in touch directly with our Campaign Manager Abigail Rowe.
If you want to support the work we do directly DONATE ONLINE NOW